Friday, December 19, 2008

Grant a Wish

Have you all seen the Sears commercials this Christmas season? They use the phrase "Grant a Wish". I'm sure that normally I wouldn't pay much attention to this, but since the first word happens to be my son's name I can't seem to get past it. I sat on the couch thinking, "my wish this Christmas is that I can just get through it..." I am happy to tell you, my wish is on its way to being granted. Last Sunday evening we drove home to find a porch full of groceries and gifts for our son Jacob. Taped to our garage was a huge sign that read " Santa stopped here ".
There are many stages to grief-- it seems I've been stuck on the "anger" stage. I've been angry at God for allowing my baby to be sick and to die when everyone else around me gets to have healthy babies. I have found that every time I wonder in my head "why doesn't God care that we are hurting?" something happens that proves otherwise. And this latest act of kindness is enough to convince me that God cares about us more than we can imagine. Each month we wonder how we can make it financially, emotionally, - in every way possible- and each month we see answers. Santa, whoever you are, wherever you are, we thank you not only for helping to meet our physical and financial needs; but also for helping to show us just how much God cares for us by allowing Him to work through you.

In continuing this subject of giving, please allow me to tell you a little about a couple of organizations that could use your help. You can read more about them if you click on the links that I have listed "Links that have supported us on our journey".
If you have been thinking about donating to a good cause this season, any of these are wonderful ideas.
  1. "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" Many of our photos of Grant were taken by a young lady from this organization. These photographers volunteer to come out to the hospital, sometimes in the middle of the night, to take photos for bereaved parents. I cannot tell you enough how much we treasure and will treasure these precious keepsakes forever. They run solely on donations- please consider giving to help continue this wonderful service.
  2. "Prenatal Partners For Life" This organization sent me a beautiful CD and Grant's Lamb of Life that you see pictured on his casket. Courtney and her friends called me and encouraged me in the months we had the fatal prenatal diagnosis. Their mission is help couples facing poor prenatal diagnosis, assuring them not to be afraid to choose life for their babies. May God bless these ladies in all they do! I know they would appreciate any support/help that comes in and put it to good use to help other families like us.
  3. "Stepping Stones" has helped Kris and I through our entire infertility and pregnancy loss journey. Also a Christian based organization. They also have a Christian adoption agency- Bethany Christian services.
  4. "East Valley FreeWill Baptist Church" This is our wonderful church family. Please donate in Grant's memory. All monies received will help redo the church nursery that Grant would have loved to play in. (and big brother Jake played in for almost three years) Instructions are listed to the right of this post. We would love to see this project completed so please give as the Lord lays on your heart.

Kris, Jake, and I want to wish all of you a wonderful and blessed Christmas. Thank you for everything you have done to help us through this most difficult time in our lives.

"My First Christmas in Heaven"
I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below; with tiny lights, like Heaven's stars reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular.Please wipe away the tear For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear; But the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you,the joy their voices bring.For it is beyond description,to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me,I see the pain inside your heart.But I am not so far awayWe really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, dear ones,You know I hold you dear,And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I sent you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above,of my undying love.
After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold.It was always most important In the stories Jesus told.
Please love and keep each other,as my Father said to do.For I can't count the blessing or the love He has for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear.Remember, I am spending Christmaswith Jesus Christ this year.....

1 comment:

  1. Jody, I am so glad to see how God just keeps showing Himself faithful to your family. I too thank "santa" whoever they are for reaching out to encourage our friends.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!