Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fun in New Mexico

Well, I've been in Rio Rancho, NM now for 2 1/2 weeks. I'm wondering how much weight Kris has lost since I've been away! He says he's just been eating everything that's left...for instance, he opened up a can of corn for dinner the other night. Poor baby! Ah, that's ok, now he will really REALLY appreciate me when I get home, ha!!

It's been a nice time here with my sister and her family. Little Megan smiled at me yesterday when I told her she was a sweetheart and a pretty little girl. And no, it was NOT gas either!! It was a full open mouth, I- am -looking- at- you smile. Although I will be happy to see Kris, I know that I will miss my little niece. I am NOT looking forward to having empty arms again, but I will just have to ask Jake to give me extra hugs!

Last night was a difficult night for me- I stayed up working on the computer on my research for Granting Hope. Of course, I came across a couple of websites of other families who have recently lost babies and their stories had me crying up a storm. I have come to the realization that I may as well expect that and get used to it, because I have a job to do and I intend to do it! I HAVE to do it! For my healing, as well as others. Thank you all who have just jumped in headfirst with me on this project. The comments on our blog, and the Facebook version were such an encouragment to read! Basically, our biggest need right now is finding a way to start a non profit. I'm wondering if I really do need a lawyer, and just how to find one who knows how to handle everything. If any of you out there have any ideas or connections in this area, please contact me and we'll see how we can best proceed.

As for the bereavement basket distributing, I will be emailing the ladies in charge of bereavement services at the hospital Grant was born in when I get back to AZ. It is our intention to begin distributing baskets at this location not only because Grant was born here, but because the nurses on staff there were so good to us in our time of need. We feel that they will be as excited as we are about this project. (we are crossing our fingers, anyway)

We thank you again for your support, love, and prayers in this next phase of our journey. I will continue to keep you all posted as we see things being accomplished. Please pray for safe travels for myself and my family as we head back to AZ in a few days. I would also appreciate continued prayers for my sister Danielle as she continues to recover.

Blessings!

I NEEDED TO MAKE A QUICK UPDATE HERE- PLEASE KEEP BABY JODY IN YOUR PRAYERS. HE WILL BE BORN TOMORROW TO JOE AND CARLA. (SEE RIGHT SIDE OF MY BLOG AND CLICK TO READ HIS STORY) BABY JODY WILL BE GOING TO SEE OUR GRANT TOMORROW, PLEASE PRAY FOR HIS PARENTS AND SIBLINGS AS THEY GO THROUGH THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!