Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Adoption Timeline

I thought it might be a good idea to post an update about our adoption. I have asked at least three friends this week if they've seen the updates on Facebook and they all replied "No." I"m not sure if it's a Facebook setting or the fact that once you like several pages you hardly see your friends posts anymore- but it seems to happen quite a lot. Hence my update now!

We got back from our NY trip last Monday. Our lives have been a whirlwind ever since. (in a good way, though)  Still recovering from jet lag, I had a meeting with our case worker that Wednesday morning. In spite of my exhaustion, it was a pretty good meeting. Basically, we went over some last minute things just to make sure all of our "ducks are in a row" for when our caseworker presents us to the adoption agency. What this means is that she will be like our advocate-- she will present our family, our lives- work, finances, marriage, grief & loss, reasons for adopting, etc. before the agency for approval. This is to take place the third Thursday of this month- which, according to my calculations is the 21st. If the agency approves us, then we are able to go into the matchbook and at that point we could get "THE CALL" at anytime. It could be two weeks or six months- you just don't know.

We had originally thought that we had to wait 90 days for the judge to review everything before we could go into the matchbook but not so. If a baby became available before that time, we would need to get some type of temporary custody order.
So really, the only thing that would hold us back would be the $$$$ we still owe. All fees are due upon placement of the child. We are getting there, but still not quite close enough. So it's back to the fundraising drawing board again! We have some possibilities in the works, but are still doing some research. I am just NOT creative in this department. I look at other adoptive families blogs and think- "Wow! Why didn't I think of that?!" So it's slow going for me...

In spite of it all, I know that it will all come together. How do I know? Because it always does...well, almost always.!!

What to pray for this week:

  • That the agency will approve us for certification to adopt this month
  • That we can raise the remainder of our fees
  • our child and her birthparents
  • PATIENCE in our wait!!
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!