Monday, August 25, 2008

Some Scattered Thoughts

Last night I read something on someone else's web page that really touched my heart. It said something like this- " When a man dies, his wife is known as a widow. When a woman dies, her husband is known as a widower. When a parent dies, the child is known as an orphan. But when a child dies, there are just no words because the pain is so great." I have not lost a parent, or my husband, so I can't speak for that yet. But I can say that losing a child is indeed a hard thing to bear. I think that no matter how old the child is- an early miscarriage, a stillborn, neonatal loss, or 17 years old- the pain of losing that child will forever change you. My prayer is that it will change us for the better.

I was thinking today about all the things that Grant will never do here in this life- look into his mommy and daddy's face, play with his brother Jake, go to school, etc. and I confess it made me very sad. But then I thought about all the things that Grant is doing in Heaven- meeting his many other family members, meeting all the other little ones who left their mommys and daddys, walking on streets of gold, talking to Jesus, and no chromosomal defects whatsoever! These thoughts were a comfort to me.

I like what Romans 8:38, 39 say- "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Though our hearts are hurting, and we seem to have more questions than answers, it is WONDERFUL to know that death will not have the last word! It is only temporary- and we have so much to look forward to because we have FOREVER to look forward to with our loved ones, and with the One Who has made forever for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!