Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Countdown to Thanksgiving

The past week and a half has been a series of one disappointment after another. Kris and I are considering packing it all up and moving to a far away land where nobody knows us. (I'm kidding) But seriously, we have really had enough. It seems that God is once again shutting, and I mean SLAMMING the door in our faces to ever having another child. We do not understand why everyone around us seems to be able to have the children they want and we cannot, especially after being asked to sacrifice our son in such a horrific manner. We have tried the biological way hoping that with a new medication we would see success. We have attempted to begin an overseas adoption, only to find out that the little girl we wanted can never be ours because it is illegal in that specific country to choose a child to adopt. (there are some other rules too, but I'm not going to get into that now)




So I have had a few days of kicking and screaming over here and it has not been pretty. However, I have decided that beginning today and the remaining days leading up to Thanksgiving, that I am going to find at least one thing to be thankful for and post it to this blog. When your circumstances look bleak, and you see no light ahead, then the best thing to do is to help others and count the blessings that you do have. So here goes nothin-




I am thankful for my sons. There are still folks in this world who cannot have even one child. Kris and I were blessed with the TWO most beautiful little boys on this planet. One of them holds my hand on this earth, while the other one watches over me from Heaven. It took seven years of trying, praying, and treatments to get these two little boys, but it was worth it all just to hold them in my arms. Jacob Kristopher Abernathy and Grant Thomas Abernathy- both of them precious gifts sent to us straight from Heaven. We are thankful.








2 comments:

  1. Both your babies are so adorable! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such an example of thankfulness amidst your circumstances...thank you for that :) Will pray for you tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!