Saturday, July 24, 2010

Chicken Soup and Chocolate Pudding

Chicken Soup and Chocolate Pudding- my main diet these days.  I had a laparscopic surgery this week and haven't felt like eating much.  Because of some issues I've been experiencing, we thought that my endometriosis was back; the only way to tell is to go in laparoscopily and take a look.  The good news is that the doctor didn't find any endometriosis, the bad news is we still do not know what could be causing the problems. He did find that my fallopian tubes were back to far; so he was able to pull those forward.  Kinda hurts just picturing that, doesn't it?! I had no idea that one's tubes could even move! He also sent a couple samples for biopsy, so I expect I will get those results around the time of my post op appointment.

I haven't been able to sleep a whole lot since the surgery, so I have just been lying around being bored all day.  I got brave today and took a trip down the stairs- it felt good to be up and around a little bit.  I do pretty well as long as I stay on my pain medicine.  Today is also the first day I haven't felt nauseated, so I figure that the anesthesia has pretty much all worn off now.  Anesthesia does weird things to me- I get emotional and then I usually throw up.  When I was coming to in the recovery room, I was completely crying and saying "I miss my baby" over and over again. Kris had to tell the nurse what I was talking about. Apparently I was having flashbacks to the day I had my Csection for Grant.  The nurse told Kris that it was normal and I would be fine after the anesthesia wore off more.

The rest of today I have been playing online and planning Jake's upcoming birthday party.  I'm having a hard time believing he is turning six this year.  Six years old, and still no living sibling to play with. I didn't want this for my kids- me and my siblings were all six years apart and we hated it.  As much as I hate this journey we are forced to travel, I realize that all these "plans" were plans made by ME.  Plans not necessarily made by GOD.  And I am reminded that my life is not my own.  I surrendered my life to God a very long time ago; and with that surrender there has to be trust.  The trust that He knows what plans are best for me.  I like the verse in the Bible that says "For I know the plans I have for you; plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 I don't think I quoted this word for word, but you get the idea. So with that promise, we keep going forward- believing that God has some great things ahead for our family.

In the meantime, I'm going to have fun planning my son's birthday party.  At this moment, I'm obsessed with cupcakes; so that's what I'm going to make this year.  I've watched the marathon on tv today- Cake Boss- and recently I have watched Cupcake Wars too.  I'm getting some super cool ideas for the cupcakes for the party. Here's a little preview of what theme we're going with this year...and I hope that Jake doesn't change his mind again.  Before this it was Star Wars...



1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying that you heal fast and are back to full health soon! And the cupcakes looks so good, they're adorable! Good luck with those! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!