Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Parties upon Parties!

June is ALWAYS a CRAZY month for us. EVERYONE has a birthday...FRIENDS & FAMILY both. I'm not quite as behind as I was last year- I think I'm behind on two of my nieces and one sister in law at this point. Last year I was behind on just about everyone!

We started our June birthdays the end of May. Jake's friend Connor turned four the first week of June but his mom had to have his party early this year. I forgot my camera so I don't have pics of that one. =(
Then we had Haylee's party two Saturdays ago- Haylee also turned four. She lived two doors down from us at our old house. Jake and Haylee get along really well and they have missed each other since we moved. She was hilarious at her party- she dressed up like Rapunzel from the movie "Tangled" and everytime she opened a present (and mind you, EVERY present had something to do with Tangled)  she would say "Oh my Goooosh!" and "thank you soooo much!"

I'm really gonna miss our kids when they are out of this little kid CUTENESS EVERYWHERE stage. I try to enjoy every second of it because I know that one day we will blink and they will be off to college.

June 17 was our Eleventh Wedding Anniversary. I really cannot believe we have been married ELEVEN years! In some ways, it feels as if we have ALWAYS been together. I am beyond thankful for my husband- there are really no words to describe how much I truly love him. For all of the CRAP we have been through- and yet we are still here, still married, still ok-- and believe me, there were some REALLY hard times- and still in love- WOW! All I can say is that without a doubt, we are married to EXACTLY the right person. MEANT TO BE, honest to goodness SOUL-MATES.
That being said, here are the AHEM..."Beautiful" cupcakes I made from scratch for our anniversary- Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting-

They might look like they were made by a Kindergartener, but they sure tasted good!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!