Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Let's play Catch-up!

Once again I haven't been very good at posting. There never seems to be enough time in the day to get done everything I want to get done! I'm sure none of YOU ever feel like that though! ha!

There have been a few thing going on at our house- the first thing is we are finally in the matchbook!! What's a matchbook? It's a book or adoptive families that birthparents are shown at the adoption agency. Each family is required to write out some text, (kind of like a letter) and upload several photos of themselves. Our brother in law is a graphic design person so we had him do ours for us- it turned out really nice. (we had to stifle the urge to write the words "Pick Us" all through it!)

All that's left now is to finish up our fundraising, wait for the official certification from the judge, and wait for the official phone call. You know, THE phone call.  The call that lets you know that you have been picked by a birthmother to possibly parent her child. I have seriously thought that I should tell  my friends to stop calling me because everytime the phone rings my heart jumps out of my chest!!

It's a good thing that Jake started school this week and I have started my new job- it is helping to keep my mind busy. We have a great group of staff and students this year- I am very thankful for that.

I had planned to write more but I am pretty worn out so I think I will just go to bed. We hope to be able to announce a brand new fundraiser soon- we are so excited about it! It has to do with jigsaw puzzles...;)

Thank you for your prayers and support...it has been an incredible journey so far. Crossing our fingers and toes that this journey comes to a close very soon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!