Monday, February 21, 2011

Adoption Update

So I haven't been on here in awhile...AGAIN...I don't know, I guess I have to be in the mood to blog. Life really does get crazy around here; however, there have been a few times that I could have blogged but just didn't feel like it.
Today I am by myself for a couple of hours so I decided it would be a good day to write.

I can hardly believe February is almost over already!! Time goes way too fast when we don't want it to, and it goes too slow when we need it to HURRY UP! As in our adoption for example-- is it just me, or is it DRAGGING by like a snail???




It's probably best though, that it is going slow. We need the extra time to get our FUNDRAISING on. It's hard to wait though, when it's your child that you're talking about.  Most folks wait nine months for their children; adoptive parents usually wait much longer than that. As a parent who has now experienced both waits, I think the nine month wait was a walk in the park compared to this wait!

Fundraising HAS kept us busy though. Some of you may not have known that we were picked as a finalist for our custom design tshirt we had entered into the Adoption Bug tshirt design contest.  My brother in law designed it- we think it's pretty cool! It says "Got Love? Adopt." Go HERE to see it! We were emailing, and Facebooking, and calling everyone we could think of to vote for our shirt-- me and Jake even got on the local news-- just so we could spread the word for people to vote for our shirt. We lost by only a few votes; however, Adoption Bug decided to feature our tshirt on their website, as well as the winner's shirt, since the race had been so close! What a blessing!

The last two weeks we have been running a Tupperware Fundraiser. You can visit that one HERE . We have two more days to finish that one up. After that, I'm going to take a short fundraising BREAK. Fundraising is EXHAUSTING on so many levels! But we know that it will be worth it the minute we look into our daughter's face.

About two weeks ago we got a call from our case worker, saying that my grief counselor had given the okay for me to be finished with counseling. So with that, we are now cleared to proceed with the second Homestudy visit. This visit will take place on March 2nd; so please be praying that it goes well. After the last visit's proceedings, I am now a nervous wreck; so I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers on that day.

Back soon-- hopefully sooner than later--,

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, also having done both--the adoption process is more difficult!! I am so glad you found my blog and commented. I have added you to my blog list so I can keep up with what God is going to do through your family!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!