Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's a Jungle out there!

I homeschool Jake every day; however, Fridays are special days. He gets to spend the morning at the school he did PreK in- Calvary Christian. Yesterday his class had a field trip to the zoo and we met them all there. What a fabulous day for the zoo! The weather was cool, the sky was bright, and there was a slight breeze blowing. I took several photos, but here are some of my favorites:

I figured I may as well start off with our very own Grand Canyon rattlesnake!! My dad sees rattlesnakes quite a bit since he lives right in the desert; however, I have been lucky not to have seen one yet. (other than at the zoo of course!)


This little guy wasn't afraid of ANYTHING!! He scurried out into the path right in front of us!!

Here is a photo of Jake with his class, (He is wearing a tan hat; behind the boy in the blue hat)  listening to the guide talk about the animals they were looking at--


Our favorite exhibits for the day though were these--






Who's the king of the jungle??? Obviously, THIS GUY!!!!



This is the closest I've EVER gotten to see this fellow! I think TIGERS are so pretty!

Jake likes cheetahs because they are the fastest runners!


The new orangutan exhibit was cool; but all the orangutans put palm tree leaves over the heads that day- guess it keeps them cool.
What's a zoo without elephants???

And most importantly, what's a zoo trip without a crazy class picture???


Thanks, Kindergarten Class! We had lots of fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!